These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 31st March 2019.
1. Booking a gîte. The first step is to make a booking online using one of the forms and proceed to the payments section, where you will be asked to pay a deposit of 25% of the rental cost. The balance plus a separate security deposit of €200 per holiday (see below) must be received not less than 10 weeks before the starting date. If the booking is made less than 10 weeks before the starting date, the full cost must be paid at the time of booking. Your booking will be binding both on you and on us when we send you confirmation that the booking is accepted. If payment is not made when due, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled by you and apply the cancellation charges set out below.
2. Price. The cost of the booking is fixed and will not be subject to any variation once accepted by us. The price is for self-catering accommodation.
3. Travel arrangements. These are your responsibility. We cannot be responsible for any failure on your part to make the necessary travel arrangements, nor delays or cancellations. It is your responsibility to take out any insurance that you may require against such eventualities.
4. Passports & Visas. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid passports plus visas or other travel permits enabling you and your party to travel. UK citizens may wish to use the British Government's passport checking tool at https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/check-a-passport before travelling in order to ensure they have enough time left on their UK passport.
5. Changing your booking. If you wish to change the dates of your booking, we will do all we can to help. Any amended arrangements will be treated as a new booking. You may vary the names of members or add to their number of your party so long as we are supplied with the relevant details and the gîte does not exceed its total capacity.
6. Cancellation. If you need to cancel your holiday after it has been confirmed, the person making the booking should notify us in writing. In that event, the following cancellation charges are payable from the date we receive your notification: Less than 21 days before the starting date - loss of payment. 21 to 70 days before - 50% of payment. More than 70 days before - loss of initial rental deposit. We would advise that you insure against cancellation.
7. Complaints. If you have any problems with the house or its fittings or equipment, please let us know immediately. We will respond as quickly as possible to any complaint that is likely to seriously affect the enjoyment of you holiday.
8. Insurance. You are responsible for insuring your personal property whilst on holiday and for insuring against cancellation, sickness or other such risks.
9. Deposit. A security deposit of €200 is payable with your final rental payment. You are required to leave the property tidy and in good order when you leave. The deposit will be held and returned to you within 14 days of the end of your holiday, and we reserve the right to deduct from it the cost of any damage to the property or its fittings and equipment.
10. Linen / Towels. We will supply towels and bed linen. For those staying for two weeks or more, clean bed linen will be offered on a weekly basis. You will be responsible for any other washing during the course of your holiday.
11. Accommodation. The accommodation is provided for the persons named on the booking form. We must be informed in advance of any alteration. The maximum capacity for the Farmhouse is eight persons and for the Cottage is four persons - these maxima must not be exceeded without our permission.
12. Duration of holiday. Bookings run from 5pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure. Your co-operation in complying with this is appreciated, so that there is sufficient time to prepare the property for the following clients.
13. Use of Facilities. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party are made aware, by you, of the normal risks attendant on using the facilities provided at the property. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party take all proper precautions against accident, whether by using appropriate safety equipment or otherwise and ensuring that young persons are properly supervised at all times.
14. Liability. We believe the property to be accurately described in our web site and any other literature supplied by us. You are responsible for insurance of your own personal property whilst on holiday.
15. Applicability. These terms and conditions shall apply to all bookings taken from and including 31st March 2019. For bookings made prior to this date, the previous terms and conditions are available here.